- 10 mins
- 45 mins
- 450g King Prawns (raw, peeled & de-veined)
- 8 Bamboo Skewers
- 180 ml Gin
- 100g Orange Marmalade
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- Soak the skewers in water for 1 hour before use. Meanwhile, in a small glass bowl combine the gin, marmalade and red pepper flakes and mix well. The gin will thin out the thick orange marmalade to produce a perfect marinade sauce.
- Thread 5 or 6 prawns on each bamboo skewer and place them in a shallow glass dish. Pour the marinade over the skewers, rotating them several times to ensure that they are evenly coated. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Clean and oil the grates of the barbecue and preheat to 300C - 315C. When the barbecue reaches temperature, place the prawn skewers on the grates and close the lid.
- After 3 - 4 minutes lift the lid, and with your BBQ tongs, wiggle the skewers to release them from the grates. At this point the prawns should be turning opaque and browning nicely. Turn the skewers over and close the lid.
- After another 3 - 4 minutes lift the lid. The prawns should be orange/gold in colour. Remove the prawns from the grill (they will continue to cook slightly as they rest).
- Serve in a bowl with lemon chunks and invite your guests to help themselves!