The heat from the barbecue caramelises the natural sugars in the corn to bring out a sweet and smokey flavour – delicious!
- Remove or loosen the corn husks and rub the surface of the sweetcorn with olive oil, a sprinkling of crushed peppercorns and salt.
- For varied flavours, you can try brushing the sweetcorn lightly with melted butter, garlic, lemon juice or any marinade you like, then it’s time to BBQ.
- Clean and prepare your grill then oil the grates and preheat to 200C – 230C. When the barbecue has reached temperature, place the corn on the grill for 12 – 15 minutes with the lid closed. Turn the corn regularly to prevent them from burning.
- If grilling your corn in their husks, remove husks and return corn to the grill for 3 minutes to brown up a little.
- Serve warm with butter and grilled pitta breads
- 2 Corn on the Cob
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Crushed Black Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Salt