- 20 mins
- 15 mins
- 4 Hot cross buns
- Margarine or spreadable butter
- The zest of 2 oranges
- Demerara sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 400ml Milk
- 50ml Double cream
- Set up your BBQ for indirect cooking at a medium heat ready for baking and grease four ramekin dishes with butter.
- Slice your Hot cross buns thinly, into three or four slices each if possible, buttering each slice on one side
- Place one slice at a time into each ramekin dish, sprinkling sugar and orange zest over each layer in each dish and pushing down if necessary.
- Mix the eggs, milk and cream in a separate bowl and whisk thoroughly, then pour the mixture equally over the four ramekin puddings.
- Move your ramekin dishes to the BBQ and place over a medium indirect heat for around 20 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- Serve with ice cream for the perfect BBQ dessert!